Gluten free baking is about precision. We strongly recommend using the ingredients and tools listed below. We use them in our own baking and we know they produce the best results.
Please use a small digital scale to weigh your ingredients to the exact gram or ounce. The scale and time to measure are very worth the investment!
Yield: 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Put the following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
· 247 grams of Domino granulated sugar
· 120 grams of Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour
· 53 grams of Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
· 136 grams of Bob’s Red Mill sweet white rice flour
· 1/2 teaspoon of salt
· 1 teaspoon of baking powder
· 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
· 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
· 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
Mix on medium speed for 15 seconds to blend all of the ingredients together.
Add to the mixing bowl:
Mix on medium speed for 20 seconds. Scrape the bowl.
- 4 ounces of canola oil
- 8 ounces of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie flavored)
- 2.6 ounces of milk - any % of fat in the milk will be great.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of real vanilla extract
Check your batter for unblended ingredients. If you find some, fold them into your batter with your spatula and turn on your mixer on medium speed until everything is incorporated.
Then add to the mixing bowl:
Mix the batter on medium speed for 15 seconds to incorporate the cranberries.
Spray your muffin pan with a canola oil cooking spray that doesn't contain wheat flour in it.
Put 100 grams of muffin batter in each cup.
Bake the muffins for 30 minutes. Tops should be firm and bounce back when touched lightly with your finger.
Cool the muffins in the muffin pan on a rack.
Eat two immediately. They taste great with some soft butter spread on them or whipped cream cheese. Then, put the rest in a freezer bag and freeze for future eating. Or put the muffins in an airtight container and let them keep you company on your counter for up to 5 days.
Pull out two for yourself whenever you want a delicious snack and microwave for 60 seconds or until heated through.
Feel free to double the recipe if you want 24 muffins.
If you don't want cranberries, don't add them. The pumpkin muffins are still delicious on their own!
Wishing you many muffins that keep you at your gluten free badass best!